How can i bring my husband back legally after he was deported?

  • Increase
  • Normal
  • Decrease

You are here

How can i bring my husband back legally after he was deported?

This is the situation... My husband had an arrest warrant for a dui he didnt take care of a few years back.. That time he was released to immigration and given voluntary departure..Half a year ago he was given an aggrevated dui f4.. He pleaded guilty to an endangerment charge f6 and served 3 months in county jail. He was released to immigration where he was then deported and given a 5 yr bar.. He didnt qualify for a voluntary departure as he had prev been given one. I want to know if i as his wife can petition for a waiver or do something to allow him to come back legally. I am a us citizen and we have 2 kids who are us citizens as well. His father is a resident and submitted paper work for him.. Last thing we rcvd was a letter from the visa department asking to pay visa fees to continue the process but they werent paid. Can that process still continue even if its been two years since visa department sent the req and even after his recent deportation!


Submitted by Alexander J. Segal on April 10, 2013 - 6:49pm

Alexander J. Segal's picture

You may be able to reopen the immigrant visa case filed by his father. However, this will not necessarily be easy or fast. You may also be able to petition for your husband. However, whether your husband would be able to return legally and what steps would need to be taken will take additional information. Did he leave the country when given voluntary departure? Is your husband in his native country? 

Submitted by Anonymous on April 24, 2013 - 8:53pm

It will take to long and the embassy and US don't care about breaking your family up one bit. Husband was picked 6/30/11. Sent back for 10yrs in November 2012. The process is as stupid and all about making money off of you. Just saying.

Submitted by Wendy Barlow on April 25, 2013 - 9:25am

Wendy Barlow's picture

There is a process through which you can waive the ten year bar. I agree the process could be a little more compassionate, but the bar was triggered by your spouse's unlawful presence. The U.S. Government imposes strict penalties for being unlawfully present in the U.S.

Submitted by stephanie najar on November 7, 2013 - 12:16am

My husband has a ten year permanent bar placed on him. Ive heard from numerous people there is no way around it, however just wanted to see if you had any ideas thanks so much

Submitted by Wendy Barlow on November 11, 2013 - 11:02am

Wendy Barlow's picture

The answer depends upon which bar of inadmissibility he has against him. If he has a ten-year bar for unlawful presence, he may be able to seek a waiver. However, if the bar was imposed for multiple illegal entries or re-entry after deportation, he would not be able to seek a waiver.

Submitted by Sherry on April 28, 2013 - 7:50pm

my husband and I got married back in 09 and he was deported 3 months later we have 2 kids with ADHD is there a way to bring him back faster also he has a 10 year ban what can I do I need him here I cant do it alone I tried to live in Mexico with him and I seen someone hold my husband at gun point and shot his friend and I just want him to be here where its safer

Submitted by Wendy Barlow on April 29, 2013 - 9:56am

Wendy Barlow's picture

You may be able to petition for your husband to receive an immigrant visa. There is a waiver process for the ten year bar for unlawful presence. However, I would need more information to assess whether he qualifies for the waiver. What was the basis for his deportation?

Submitted by maman on May 9, 2013 - 1:56pm

I want to know how to bring my boyfriend that I had my child for to us, Also to know all that it entails including the amount, but he's still in my country. The man was callous to me but I still love him.

Submitted by Wendy Barlow on May 10, 2013 - 12:05pm

Wendy Barlow's picture

Assuming he is eligible to immigrate, you would either need to petition for him to receive a fiance visa or immigrant visa. The fiance visa would allow him to enter the country for the purpose of marrying. You would need to marry in 90 days or he must depart. Once you have married, he would seek permanent residence. You could also marry him overseas and then petition for him. I would encourage you to speak with an exeprienced immgiration attorney in more detail about the case.

Submitted by Fedial on May 31, 2013 - 2:25pm

My husband was denied his visa in 2011 due to the ten 10 bar in for trying to re-enter with this new coming ca. I bring my husband home


Anywhere in the world

Call us